Mike Klein joined the Georgia Public Policy Foundation as Editor in March 2010. His articles are published on the GPPF Forum. In addition, he manages the Foundation’s YouTube channel. Previous positions include CNN Vice President and senior supervising producer, Georgia Public Broadcasting television productions executive, ABC-TV Chicago program producer, CBS-TV Chicago political commentary producer, Chicago Sun-Times columnist, San Diego Union reporter; and senior producer for Chicago White Sox, Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks television broadcasts. He was also a guest instructor at the University of Georgia Grady College of Mass Communications.
Mike was the recipient of two national Emmy Awards, one Houston International Film Festival Award and one Robert F. Kennedy Awards Citation during 14 years at CNN. He earned two Chicago Emmy Awards for his work on professional sports broadcasts. The Georgia Public Broadcasting television production staff earned more than two dozen local, regional and national awards during his tenure. His GPB staff also produced several documentaries that were distributed nationally by PBS, including two interview programs with President Jimmy Carter after he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, a history of Georgia during the Civil War, a documentary about inner city public education, and “The Fabulous Fox,” a documentary history about Atlanta’s Fox Theatre that was narrated by Hal Holbrook. Mike served nine years on The Commerce Club operating board and program committee, and ten years on the Atlanta Press Club board.
- Westside Atlanta Charter … Changing Lives One Young Life at a Time
- Deal Administration Releases “Opportunity School District” Legislation
- Next Move for Georgia Justice Reform Belongs to Legislators
- The Early Political Education of Richard Woods
- Georgia’s New Justice System Agency Would Have Massive Footprint
- Attacking the Bad Headlines Around Misdemeanor Private Probation
- Georgia Targets Huge Gap with Juvenile Justice Databank Project
- 40 Years Later, Bill Bolling Prepares to Launch Urban Farms and Gardens
- Georgia Approves Aggressive Blueprint for Prisoner Reentry Initiative
- Federal Election Commission “Dark Money” Search Could Hurt Nonprofits
- Isakson: Window of Opportunity for World Peace and Liberty is Closing
- Getting Smart on Georgia Crime Moves Beyond Getting Tough